Condition monitoring is the process of determining the condition of machinery while in operation. The key to a successful condition monitoring programme includes:
- Knowing what to listen for
- How to interpret it
- When to put this knowledge to use
Successfully using this programme enables the repair of problem components prior to failure. Condition monitoring not only helps plant personnel reduce the possibility of catastrophic failure, but also allows them to order parts in advance, schedule manpower, and plan other repairs during the downtime.
SKF @ptitude Asset Management System
The hardware and software components of the SKF @ptitude Asset Management System have been designed to work together seamlessly – with each other and with your facility’s CMMS in one integrated platform. The system enables you to:
- Integrate all machine condition data into one common programme
- Share data seamlessly across functional lines
- Avoid long learning curves and software platform compatibility issues
- Replicate your success at other facilities
SKF vibration measurement tools put the benefits of condition-based maintenance within reach for expert and novice users alike. SKF offers a wide variety of condition monitoring hardware and a comprehensive product range for on-line systems, such as:
- Portable instruments for collection, storage and review of machine condition and process data
- Inspection systems and data managers for accurately and consistently recording, trending, storing, communicating and acting on process and inspection data
- On-line systems for continuous machine surveillance and protection
- Vibration sensors and eddy probe systems for critical machine monitoring
- Electric motor testing
With minimal investment and training, you can use these tools to start a new condition monitoring programme or complement an existing one, evaluate electric motor bearings, lower energy costs and reduce CO2 emissions.
Consisting of three modules – Analyst, Inspector and Observer – the SKF @ptitude Monitoring Suite forms the basis for a completely integrated approach to condition monitoring, permitting fast, efficient and reliable storage, manipulation and retrieval of large amounts of complex machine and plant information. This powerful software accepts data from the full range of SKF data collection devices and interfaces with SKF @ptitude Decision Support to facilitate consistent and reliable decision making.
Energy and Sustainability Management solutions
SKF Energy and Sustainability Management solutions help you develop ways to control energy consumption and identify energy saving opportunities plant wide. These solutions feature several products and services – many of them in use at our own manufacturing facilities worldwide.
To help you get the most out of SKF condition monitoring products and technologies, SKF provides an extensive range of support services, including:
- Technical support
- Product support plans
SKF offers a variety of condition monitoring products and services that will optimize machine maintenance and reliability. The following e-brochures contain overviews of some of these products and services.
- SKF Integrated Condition Monitoring e-brochure: An overview of the industry-leading tools and technologies for optimized machine maintenance and reliability
- Maintenance, reliability and asset optimization e-brochure: An overview of the technologies and services from SKF
- The SKF Microlog Series e-brochure: An overview of the industry’s premier range of portable, handheld data collectors and analyzers